Oceanview Publishing is accepting manuscripts of original adult fiction with a primary interest in the mystery/thriller genre. Any manuscript that has been published elsewhere, no matter the format, will not be considered.
Submissions will be accepted only if they meet one of the following criteria:
- An author represented via a literary agent.
- An author who has previously been published by a traditional publishing house (not self-published or published by a vanity press)
- An author specifically invited by an Oceanview representative or an Oceanview author.
Oceanview representatives often attend mystery and thriller conferences; please refer to Events on our website.
*Please note that we do not accept manuscripts in the following areas: children’s or young adult literature, poetry, memoirs, cookbooks, technical manuals, or short stories.
Submissions should be via e-mail and should follow these guidelines:
Within the body of the e-mail include :
- Agent’s Name, affiliation and contact information.
- Alternatively, the Oceanview contact extending an invitation to submit.
- Author’s name, complete contact information and brief biography
- Manuscript title and word count
- Any ideas on the role of author in promoting and marketing the book
Attached to the e-mail should be the following:
- A synopsis of 750 words or fewer
- The first 30 pages of the manuscript
Please note that we accept only WORD documents as attachments to the submission e-mail. Do not send query letters or proposals. The review process takes approximately 90 days. You will receive a response within 90 days of receipt of the initial submission. Do not contact Oceanview Publishing during the review process.
Submissions not conforming to these guidelines will not be considered for publication by Oceanview Publishing.
Please submit your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org